- All primary care staff are Registered Early Childhood Educators with the College of Early Childhood Educators of Ontario.
- Background checks are conducted on all employees and volunteers (CPIC, VSC, and references).
- Parents may enter the centre at any time to see how their child is doing.
- Fences and locked gates surround the property.
- All classroom doors have observation windows.
- Your child will only be released to individuals listed on his or her pick-up list.
- All staff members are certified in C.P.R, First Aid, Epipen administration, and WHMIS.
- Our building is monitored by video cameras and an alarm system connected to security, police, fire and ambulance. Our front door requires a security card to gain entry into the building.
- The centre’s formal emergency response and contingency plans are regularly practiced and reviewed by all staff.
- Fire drills are conducted monthly.
- We inspect our building monthly and our yards two times per day.
As a licensed daycare, we are required to follow an exclusion period for children with diarrhea, vomiting and other illnesses, as per the KFL&A Public Health guidelines. If your child is to return to the daycare before the exclusion period is over, SSCC requires a Doctor’s Note for your child’s illness.
If you do not take your child to be checked, your child may return after an exclusion period of 24 (for fever) to 48 hours (for vomiting / diarrhea), during which your child show no signs or symptoms (without the use of fever reducer or pain reliever).
If your child is ill, please keep your child home until the exclusion period passes. Working collectively, we can diminish the amount of illness for everyone.